Skip to main content

Semester 2- Graphic Design


This semester in graphic design has been filled with many fun and creative projects. One of my favorites was the vector project. While working in Adobe Illustrator we had to recreate a picture of us using the pen tool to create different shapes and colors. This project took about 2 weeks to complete. The first thing we had to do was find a picture, then vectorize it in Adobe Photoshop to see all the different color to create the finished project. This project was not that hard just very time consuming. At first I didn't know where to start on the but once I did it was pretty easy. My vector isn't very detailed like others but ended up still being good. 



My second favorite project, is the most recent, the name logo. I really liked this one because I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted. At first we had to sketch at least 30 different designs just to get us started. Then we chose our top 5 that we liked. After we traced all 5 into Adobe Illustrator it was now time for us to chose 3 different color schemes. To help us with this we used a color generator online. My favorite color scheme would have to be the one on the far right. Normally I wouldn't put these colors together but I liked them instantly when I saw them. After we mixed around the colors on each logo we had to do 2 mockups. In the end the logo below would have to be my favorite out of the 5 I did.


The project that I would have to say is my favorite would be the advertisement one. I had chose to do a famous singer and advertise they had a concert coming up. I obviously chose to do Beyonce because she's one of my favorite artist. For this project we had to come up with a concert poster, postcard, and tickets. Before we could even start creating these thing we had to do research about our artist. The research took about 2 days to complete. The first thing we started on was the poster. This ended up being my favorite out of all 3 I created. Next was the post cards and then the tickets. My postcards actually won to be the favorite in my hour.  

     This semester I would say I was more productive than last. I used my time wisely and finished most of my projects on time or in a timely manner. A few times I even stayed after school to make some progress. Sometimes to make my projects better I would ask others how they liked it and changed it based on their opinion. I feel like this semester I really grew and challenged myself in graphic design.

     Although I love graphic design I would say my strength is more in video. Personally because I can direct and follow a script. Most of the time I am just challenged creatively and it will take me a while to come up with something. If I had to chose a strength in graphic design it would be working in Adobe Illustrator. I think I have used that program the most throughout the year and I'm more comfortable with it than the others. Pen tool is my favorite tool in Adobe Illustrator to use because I can just make about anything with it.

     Somethings] I could work on would be focusing more in class. Although I got my projects done on time I would ask a lot of questions on how to do something because I was not paying attention. That could have saved me some time from having to stay after school to finish. Towards the end of the year used a lot of calligraphy and mine was not the best, so I could practice writing like that more often.

     I am sad to say this will be my last time doing graphic design. At the beginning of the year it wasn't my favorite but I have learned to love it. It pushed me a lot to be more creative and I would say it helped a lot. I accomplished more than I thought I could in this class and I am very proud of myself. I would not really change anything in graphic design I personally thought it was fun. Next year I hope to use the skills I learned and apply them to video some how. Hopefully I can help businesses in the future. Thank you Mrs. Beaudoin for a great year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing Process

Last week in graphic design we learned about the printing process. We had to watch 3 videos about different printing process and how to do them. After we wrote blog posts about, relief, intilagio and lithography printing. But we didn't do any of those 3, instead we did transfer printing. We started by picking 2 of our favorite projects we had done so far. I picked my nature man and the panorama project. Next we watercolored 2 papers so we could transfer our projects on them. After everyone was done water coloring we mod poged the pictures. We used a squeegee to rub the mod podge across the paper so our hands didn't get messy. When the mod podge was dry we then had to rub it off to see that our picture was transfer onto the paper. To rub it off we had to wet our fingers and rub pretty hard to have the mod podge come off. When everyone was done our teacher then took them home to to add a gloss over them. Finally we hung them up in our classroom. Overall this was really fun an

Bounce

Overview  In this project we were to create 3 different animations. The first one was just a red ball jumping up and down, then the second was a ball bouncing across the canvas. Then last the last one could be whatever we wanted with a surprise emding. How to do it First we had to make a background for the project then make many copies of a ball and make it bounce. We used the command, option-drag key a lot to copy items. Once we copied the balls we had to move them around to make it look as if they were bouncing. Next we created the animation and we had to go frame by frame until thr animation was complete. Conclusin I think this project was very successful and fun to do. If I did it again I would pay more attention on frames and come up with a better surprise animation.