Skip to main content

Semester 2- Video

Music Video

     My group decided to recreate High School Musical 2's, Bet On It, music video. The first thing we decided on was who was playing Troy in the music video. We had a perfect match and it was one of our own team members, Alex Pauli. After pre-production we were ready to film. The filming process was a little hard. My group wasn't very smart for choosing a music video set outdoors in the summer time when it was the middle of January and February. My main role in the filming process was teaching Alex the dance moves and helping with certain shots in the video. The shots for this video were not that difficult. Most of them were regular shots we could shoot on a tripod but sometimes we had to hold it to pan with Alex. Overall I thought this project was really fun. The team that I was with worked well together and we had some fun while creating this music video. If I were to do this again I would pick a different music video just because of the weather. Even though it wasn't snowing or raining filming days were still very cold.


Short Film

     The last and final project in video we had to do was create a short film. Everyone in the class had to come up with their own short film idea and present it to the class. Once we showed the class we had to vote on which story was our favorite. My class had a hard time deciding this so we had to revote several times. Eventually we had our groups and we began pre-production. My group did Sean Slicer's script, called Wings. We had done pre-production pretty fast so we began filming almost right away. We filmed almost everything in class and had to work around people's absences. To work around people being gone we filmed scenes separately and skipped what scenes they were in. The script was very detailed so we didn't have any trouble filming. I helped set up scenes and act in it. Overall this project was very fun but kind of hard. In the beginning when we had to come up with our own script it was hard for me to think of something. I ended up using a true story about a girl getting injured while dancing. I wouldn't really change anything because my group worked well and I believe the movie turned out decent.

Overview

This semester I would say I was more productive than last. I used my time wisely and finished most of my projects on time or in a timely manner.  I collaborated more with my classmates and a few times I even stayed after school to make some progress. Sometimes to make my projects better I would ask others how they liked it and changed it based on their opinion. I feel like this semester I really grew and challenged myself in video.

      I would say my strength in video is directing. Personally because I can tell people what to do and show how things go. I can't really act or operate the camera but I can set up scenes and camera angles. I also really like to edit videos.

     Some things I could work on would be focusing more in class. Although I got my projects done on time I would ask a lot of questions on how to do something because I was not paying attention. That could have saved me some time from having to stay after school to finish. I could also manage my time wisely. My groups and I would start rushing when the dead line was coming up

     I am sad to say this will be my last time doing video. Next year I will be doing SID but it's more broadcasting and I won't be able to do these fun projects. My favorite part of this year would defiantly have to be when we did convergence. I got to see what I will be doing next year. But video this year also really pushed me a lot to be more creative and I would say it helped a lot. I accomplished more than I thought I could in this class and I am very proud of myself. I would not really change anything in from this year I personally thought it was fun. Next year I hope to use the skills I learned and apply them to SID some how. Thank you Mrs. Zimmerli for a great year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Printing Process

Last week in graphic design we learned about the printing process. We had to watch 3 videos about different printing process and how to do them. After we wrote blog posts about, relief, intilagio and lithography printing. But we didn't do any of those 3, instead we did transfer printing. We started by picking 2 of our favorite projects we had done so far. I picked my nature man and the panorama project. Next we watercolored 2 papers so we could transfer our projects on them. After everyone was done water coloring we mod poged the pictures. We used a squeegee to rub the mod podge across the paper so our hands didn't get messy. When the mod podge was dry we then had to rub it off to see that our picture was transfer onto the paper. To rub it off we had to wet our fingers and rub pretty hard to have the mod podge come off. When everyone was done our teacher then took them home to to add a gloss over them. Finally we hung them up in our classroom. Overall this was really fun an

Bounce

Overview  In this project we were to create 3 different animations. The first one was just a red ball jumping up and down, then the second was a ball bouncing across the canvas. Then last the last one could be whatever we wanted with a surprise emding. How to do it First we had to make a background for the project then make many copies of a ball and make it bounce. We used the command, option-drag key a lot to copy items. Once we copied the balls we had to move them around to make it look as if they were bouncing. Next we created the animation and we had to go frame by frame until thr animation was complete. Conclusin I think this project was very successful and fun to do. If I did it again I would pay more attention on frames and come up with a better surprise animation.

Color Wheel

       Our project was to create a color wheel on Adobe Illustrator. The first thing we had to do was learn about it before we could create it ourselves. For about 2 class periods we looked at a Power Point about the color wheel. We learned about primary, secondary, and tertiary colors and many more things.               At first I thought this project would be pretty easy, I mean anyone would. It may look really simple but there were a lot of parts to it. I learned that the color wheel is really important when making something involving graphic design. The color scheme of something really does matter. Sometimes people are more drawn in with a good graphic design.                 This project took me some time to do (partly because I didn't pay that much attention). But also it had to do with working in Adobe Illustrator. I was new to using it and I had to learn where everything was, what tool to use, how big it should be and where to place it etc. After a while I did